Here is a list of the projects I created or was involved into with links to their source code. Most of them are published on my GitLab account, few can be found on GitHub.
- PiCloud.pw – a cloud archive for students used by hundreds of people every day. Source code
- Rhetor – a lexical analyser library for the Ruby language with about 3,000 downloads. Source code
- Justorm – a simple Java implementation of Object Relational Mapping made as a student assignment. Source code
- Memantic — a Python module that performs cluster analysis of various natural-language texts like news and groups them by topic. Made for the VK Hackathon 2017. Source code
- Aramoor – a linear system solver with text user interface written in Rust with ncurses. Made just for fun. Source code
- batteryd – a lightweight battery status notification daemon for Linux. Written in Rust to be used with windows managers like i3 or awesome. Source code
- Bitmapper – BMP image manipulation software written in pure C as a student assignment. Source code
What I Do
Currently I am a third-grade bachelor student at the ITMO University. Here are some of the projects I develop:
- Banka – a versatile distributed end-to-end encrypted and deduplicated cloud data storage. In other words, it is the decentralized Internet project.
- Tilsit – a JVM library for reliable message-oriented network transport which implements SCTP (which is in my opinion a good alternative to TCP) over UDP.
- There is more, so this list has to be completed. It will take me some time.
Why I Do It
I believe the humanity has great potential and eventually will reach to the stars, but today men are bogged down in an abyss of their wars great and small. We are far from all-human unity, and science which is destined to bring us closer to it is limited by the amount of money it earns from satisfying needs of military authorities and by what fraction of that money it can afford to spend on fundamental and other peaceful research.
I know I can do little with the state of affairs, but I will do as much as I can. The human progress is driven mostly by technology, and that is the domain which I am proud to be versed in. I believe that some aspects of our life require decentralization; the Internet which provides the worldwide communication facility is one of them.
How To Contact Me
Please use the Keybase app, which sends end-to-end encrypted messages. My username is edubenetskiy. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would appreciate if you buy me a cup of coffee (or tea) so I could continue my work.